On the downslope and picking up speed...

Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 by Chase in
0

Wow...has it really been 3 years? It's funny to look back and see that I've posted an entry at this time for the last two years. But man, three years of college down? It doesn't seem like its been that long at all.


Here's a snapshot at what my graduation tracker looks like today. It's so nice to be able to see so much more beach than snow. So much has happened this year and there is so much that is about to happen. I've ordered my class ring which I'll get in August; I've got my cow loan ($35,000); and I've got my car (finally!). Cow year was exciting but there is a lot to look forward to now. I am spending my first three weeks of summer at Walter Reed doing Physician Shadowing. I am going to be a Platoon Leader for Cadet Basic Training, finally on the flip side of the most memorable summer of my life. Then, on leave for the last block, I get to take the MCAT in preparation for application to be accepted into the Medical School Program here at West Point. It's going to be a busy summer but also extremely rewarding. Med School Program selections get made in September, and I am praying that I get accepted. That is what I truly want to do and feel like I should be doing. I'll prepare as best I can and leave the rest up to God and His plan for my life.

Firstie year is just a few short months away. One more year of college, and one more year of college gymnastics. That last one is a scary thought. Knowing that the one thing that I have done almost my entire life is about to come to a close is very bitter-sweet. I'll definitely never leave the sport fully but I am definitely going to miss it. I have every intention with making next years competition season something remarkable and I think we are all ready to do it as a team. It's time for Army Gymnastics to retake our place in the spot light.

So much to look forward to in this coming year, its exciting. I'm ready.

0 comments: